Monday, May 19, 2008

Honesty


My husband mentioned that he's returned to blogging again (and I didn't even realize it!) I'm blown away by the honesty with which he writes; I'm just now getting to the point where I can be honest with myself. I don't think I'm brave enough to reveal all via Al Gore's invention yet, and I'm okay with that (just reflecting on the differences, I suppose).

I suppose I can reveal this much: People who don't know me very well think I'm easygoing, friendly, and open. Those who are closer to me realize it takes me a long, long time these days to get to know someone well and allow them to get to know me. This process seems so much more difficult than it was in high school and college, and I'm not sure if it's because I devote so much time to work and Lee, or if I've shied away from new friendships subconsciously since Amy passed away. I do know I'm so looking forward to the summer so I can have some "me" time, and I'm hopeful I will be able to create a healthier work/life balance with my new position.

3 comments:

Lee Owens said...

Honesty is like light, it defeats darkness but still hurts your eyes

DollyeP said...

I can totally relate. The one person I've become friends with since 3 years ago has decided to up and move to Houston. The thought of opening up to someone new is frightening.

Lora Owens said...

Thanks, Lee. Me thinks you use more similes on my blog than in our living room. :-)

Dollye, I'm glad you understand, though I wish neither of us felt this way. :-)