Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chillax

It's time to stop and lay down for a bit, like Buddha, my new sister-in-law's brother's dog.

Life lately has been spectacularly busy and mostly wonderful. Lee & I took a vacation of pure relaxation on the white sand beaches of Vieques, Puerto Rico. (If I have the time, I'll devote an entry to that later.) Once home I returned to all things bridesmaid and rehearsal-dinner related for my brother's wedding, which was Saturday. The rush up to it was so hurried, at least for me, that I can hardly believe it's over! At least things are not completely back to normal; we still have some relatives in town. Holly, Tyler, and baby Sammi are also in town. (hello, baby fat!!!)

Even though it seems like I should have all this free time on my hands, what with not working during the summer and all, I seem to be busy, busy, busy this summer, even this week. My strategy with doctor's appointments is to cram all my check-ups, etc into the summer so I don't have to take as much time off during the school year. I've been more proactive about that this summer, so that accounts for some of the business. I also became certified in two more areas, English as a Second Language and Elementary General Education.

The next thing on my plate is seeing my little sis off to Officers' boot camp, as well as inservices and the start of school. These are not exciting things, so I believe I will throw something fun into the mix...

something fun, but cheap. or just fun, but I'd sell things on Craigslist to compensate. :-)
It's time to start planning, my favorite part!

No comments: