Sunday, May 4, 2008

So Blessed

What a great weekend! My little sister, Holly, became an Army Captain and received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in the same day. 2 days later Holly and Tyler's newborn baby, Samantha, was baptized with water from the River Jordan. She wore a dress Mom made using material from her wedding gown, which my Grandma Lupton had personalized before Mom and Dad's wedding.
Nana and Papa Killman drove down, and Grandma and Grandpa Ross flew up. Samantha quickly wrapped Dad around her little fingers within minutes of seeing her for the first time.
I'm thrilled to be on night duty, when Sammie Sam Sam/Squishy Face/Niecy Niece and I share quiet (and some loud) moments. After every feeding she stares up at me, trying to decide who I am and what I'm about. During my last visit, Samantha would warn us a few minutes ahead of time that she was getting hungry. Now she launches a full-on wail within 3 seconds. Tonight Holly and I heard her scream right after losing her pacifier. Boy, does she have us trained!
Sammie's also trying out new faces and some kick boxing moves. I'm amazed by the quick rotation of her facial expressions; a new one every 2 seconds at times!
So here I sit, on the pull-out couch in Holly and Tyler's nursery at 1:30am listing to Samantha's quiet baby snore, so thankful I was able to spend this time here, and looking forward to seeing my sweet, sweet husband again. This family is truly blessed.








2 comments:

Lee Owens said...

My favorite is the one of Larry, he is one happy grandpa...

Lora Owens said...

Yes, he is. :-) My favorite is the first one, with kick boxing baby.